Discover more from The Garden
PVE 4.0 - Gameplay Footage and Key Features
It has been a long road with PVU since the first day, and we truly appreciate the passionate love and hearty support from the community.
Through continuous waves of updates, we’ve witnessed the growth and transformation of PVU from a simple farming simulation game to a complex ecosystem with many metagames and layers of deep gameplay.
But at its core, PVU has always been aiming to be a Tower Defense game. That’s what we promised and yes, we will deliver.
As you all know, the PVE Mode will be released in v4.0, which will be live at the end of May 2022.
We want to present some video footage of PVE Mode to quench the thirst from the community. Please do aware that this is still the under-developing state, which would be prompted to bugs and incompletion.
Have a gander at what the PVE Mode of 4.0 would look like and play:
A quick explanation about the game flow:
1. From a Deck consisting of 20 NFT cards (Undead/ Plant/ Spell), the users start PVE Game Mode with 8 HP and 250/1000 Mana
2. Before each wave, the users have 30 seconds of the Preparation Phase to spend LE and Mana to deploy their defensive formation (Mana won’t replenish during this time)
3. A hand of 4 random NFT cards will be drawn by the system from the Deck. The users can spend LE to redraw a better hand
4. To deploy a NFT, simply drag its card onto the field: Undead to the lanes, and Plant to the lawns. Spell cards have their own proximity and effect.
5. The users can hit the START button to start a wave prematurely, or wait until 30 seconds are up
6. Hordes of enemy Undead will start to come in from the right side of the screen. Their goal is to reach the Defensive Line on the left most of the screen via the 2 lanes
7. For every enemy Undead that breached the Defensive Line, the users will lose 1 HP. The game is over when the user’s HP reaches 0.
8. Upon defeating enemies, they will drop random loot and grant the users some Mana. Mana also automatically regenerates overtime (only when not in the Preparation Phase, though)
9. Waves will naturally become more difficult as the enemies will grow stronger, tougher enemies will appear, and some may even possess fearsome buffs.
ELEMENT and TYPE
Undead and Plants are broken down into Element and Type. Each type has its own weakness and resistance to certain Elements.
There’re 8 Elements in the game:
There’re also 8 Types in the game:
All the Plants belong to the Flora category by default.
Having solid knowledge about the Types/ Elements will surely give the users an upper hand during PVE Mode.
PVE v4.0 will be released at the end of May 2022.
All of your current NFTs can be used to participate in this game mode. Be aware that only NFT Undead/ Plants of Stage 2 and 3 can be used in PVE Mode. Be sure to evolve them in the Altar of Ascension before-handed.